Thursday, May 9, 2013

Luggage Arrives & I Get Miles

So yesterday we left the office and headed over to pick up the clothes and then it was off to the airport to collect Damon's suitcase.  Because of the delay and the ticket was connected to my account number I got 5,000 miles added to my account.  Gotta love that!  Then it was on to the credit union before dealing with rush hour traffic.  Thankfully, with Damon in the car we got to use the HOV lanes and that made it a bit more tolerable.  Still, there are some dumb and crazy drivers out there to be sure.

Once home Damon was so helpful in getting the last of the liquor out of the car and upstairs.  Then he took all the stuff down to the car that goes to Goodwill after work today.  At this point it was time to relax a bit as I had been putting more stuff away as well to make way for guests coming over on Saturday to play Catan.  We were trying to decide what to have for dinner and it was a tad warm to cook so we opted to order in Chinese.  Damon had the rice and it was not even tempting to me.  I really enjoyed the green beans in a black bean sauce with pork and we also got broccoli with beef.  Also a prawn dish that was a tad sweet for my taste.  I let him enjoy the fortune cookies and on that note we watched a movie and called it a night.

Today has been a blur of activity as we added another trip to the Grand Canyon and in general work has been stressful this week.  Damon has come to work the past two days and he has made a lot of people laugh.  I think this trip has been good for him in that he so needed to get out of Texas for a while and we have had stunning weather.  In fact, the sky is an amazing blue and not a cloud to be seen.  Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment