Thursday, May 2, 2013

Rest in Peace Rich

Here is a great picture of Rich on the left and that is Markie on the right.  From Markie's blog posted yesterday:  "Work was fine until CaddyDaddy’s sister Pat rang my phone. He is dead. I’m guessing another heart attack – I was too rattled to ask details.  In his honor – a picture of us from his 2012 birthday trip to Hawaii where we stayed in the military hotel on Waikiki.  It’s hard not to get misty eyed looking at this photo of us."

I was scheduled to have dinner with Markie last night and just about bailed as work had been horrible and I was cranky.  When I arrived at his place I called him to tell him to come out and get his box of stuff and I would then head home.  Needless to say, once he shared and asked me to stay, what could I do.  I stayed and met a "couch surfer" who was staying at his place who is going to school in Cincinnati and is originally from Vietnam.  We had a lovely evening as it turned out and the steaks were a delight.  Sadly, I lost a crown in the process.  They are going to fix it in this morning before I have to leave for Portland.  Will be crashing at Janet's tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment