Sunday, May 26, 2013

Space Needle Sunday

My friend Nathan has been in Seattle for just over a week for a big medical conference.  He is visiting from Sydney Australia and besides the conference he has taken a whale watching trip and explored the city on foot and also rode the Duck which is quite the tourist attraction itself.  He visited Pike Place Market and went to the Olympic Sculpture Park.  We enjoyed dinner on Friday and actually closed the place down so since it was not even 10:30 yet I drove him around town to get a sense of the layout for the city and the neighborhoods.  He shared that this proved helpful for his walk about on Saturday.
We met up again on Sunday to enjoy brunch at the Space Needle. We feasted on more than the views.  SkyCity is a perfect place to cap off a visit and to enjoy a really nice brunch. They say they have a passion for creating the perfect dining experience and you get to rotate 360 degrees to boot!  We started  with fresh squeezed orange juice and they brought assorted breads & rolls with butter that I quickly pushed to his side of the table.  We also split a bottle of champagne which seemed right as this was his going away meal in the US.

For starters he tried the grits with grilled prawns and I went with the maple bacon and then we shared a biscuit and gravy which proved to be the favorite of the three.  For main course I opted for "The Benny" which is a classic Benedict, but add crab to it!  Can you say yum!!  Nathan opted to try the fried chicken with waffle.  I wondered if it was a good choice, but he seemed to enjoy.  Seemed that the brunch had a real southern overtone to it.  I opted to not have dessert, but he had their bread pudding and I noticed he did not finish it.  Hmmmm.  Well, it was a really nice two hour leisurely meal, but it was time to get him to the airport.  I took him across I-90 to show him Lake Washington.  Mt. Rainier was still covered in clouds and so it was an uneventful ride. 

Dropped him at Sea-Tac and then headed home for a nice nap.  That was followed with a call to Damon to see how he is doing and I had to share the picture below because as I told him about the Space Needle brunch he told me he was sticking his tongue out at me and below is when I actually caught him doing it when he last visited.  He does make me laugh! 
And so there you go, the second day of my long holiday weekend.  It is proving to be quite relaxing and that is so needed.  Going to watch "Iron Chef America" tonight and maybe make a couple of calls, we shall see.  Tonight's dinner will be an old stand by of asparagus topped with al fredo sauce and then chicken breasts on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment