Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Challanging Day

From getting out of bed after staying up too late watching a movie with Damon to dealing with traffic as we were running late, it was a day to forget - quickly!  Alas, not that easy.  My event staff in two cities created a mountain of work for me in that they did a 50% deposit on an event without my knowledge and so I get the joy of doing 182 separate adjustments to get them all covered.  Not fun.  Then the owner was in full throttle complaining mode this day on several items that really were quite explainable.  But, he "does not want excuses" and even trying to explain what REALLY happened he somehow sees as an excuse.  It gets old real quick.  There is trips to post and reports to process and I am trying to take time to pause if only 15 minutes for lunch now.  The drive home went quite well and for that I was grateful.  We had planned to go down to the beach this weekend and after a lot of thought I realized that two weeks ago I had driven over 1200 miles to see Mom and last weekend was all about getting the apartment settled and socializing and well, I did not want to drive 3+ hours each way for just an overnight at the beach.  I know Michael is disappointed, but at the same time I need to take care of myself and for that I am grateful to Damon for understanding.  He will be going to see the new Star Trek movie tomorrow and on Friday he gets to taste oysters for the first time.  So there are things happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment