Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quiet Bliss and Telephone Calls

Last night ended up being a perfect evening.  I left Damon at the office and he got to the movie with Curtis.  After managing to get through afternoon traffic, I got home to a whole lot of quiet.  That was just fine with me.  I sat in the living area for a while and then made my way into the bedroom for a wonderful nap.  They are such a treat.
Once awake, Hot & Sour soup was matched up with some turkey/provolone wraps for dinner. Simple and enjoyable. The weight loss continues and I am quite pleased that another notch needs to be made on the belt. Change is happening once again and in a good way.

Settled in and enjoyed watching episodes of "The Colbert Report" and "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" which make me laugh.  Who knew that later we would end up staying up to watch the new episodes airing at 11pm, yes, that meant we did not go lights out until midnight.  That is so not what I am used to doing.  I need more rest than 4.5 hours!  But the other item I wanted to mention was that I got to catch up with Connie and Ani via phone.  With everything happening we did not get a chance to talk over the weekend and so that was good to be able to have some time to talk.  Once the two shows finished airing at 8pm, the TV went off again and it was a nice chunk of time until I had to head down to the Space Needle to pick up Damon at 10:15pm...traffic was light and it was fun to see the city in all its' glory.  And now it is Friday Eve and while the owner will be in house today and tomorrow plus the weekend (but I do not have to deal with him then!) his focus is suppose to be in telemarketing.  I hope he holds to his word.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment