Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day

OK, so call me ignorant but in my youth today was about leaving flowers for people on their door step to surprise them or I heard stories about the May Pole Dance and so maybe it was a very "Disney" style of looking at the day but it is what it is. 
This morning on the news was coverage how police are preparing for the worse and how certain banks and financial institutions are targeted by protesters.  Downtown is expected to be gridlock this afternoon and there was video of all the damage that occurred last year.  It makes no sense to me.  Physical violence does not get you anywhere.  It is insane!  But, it is also the right for a person to speak their peace.  But I do draw the line when a small group decide to start doing damage to businesses and buildings just to cause damage for the sake of damage.

However you honor the day, I hope you make the most of it, but in a peaceful way.  And yes, this morning I did remember to say Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit!  So let's see how the month unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment