Friday, May 17, 2013

It Really Is TGIF!

Well folks, it is Friday and it could not arrive sooner.  Quite pleased to be done with the week and it is all the more pleasurable since Damon is visiting.  Last night we watched the movie "Connie and Carla"  which involves a mob mix-up in Chicago sending two chanteuses screaming for L.A., where they score a perfect gig: posing as drag queens on the dinner theater/cabaret circuit. Things get extra-weird when a guy falls for one of the girls.  It came out in 2004 when I was in Europe and by the time I got home it was out of the theaters and so it was not a huge success.  Well, it was funny and I am glad I did not spend $12 to go see it in the theater.

We enjoyed chicken thighs for dinner using the last of Arthur Bryant BBQ Sauce which Markie swears by.  It is OK, but I like a tad sweeter sauce, like out of Texas.  I ate mine with a lettuce salad topped with grape tomatoes and feta cheese while Damon had his on a bowl of rice drenched in Soy Sauce.  After the movie, it was time to watch the last two episodes of "Big Bang Theory" as we missed last week's and this week's episodes.  That is one thing about Damon, if you miss a show, he can go out on the web and snag a copy to watch.  Tonight we are going to watch the missed episode of "The Colbert Report" as it will be airing while we are having dinner at Brooklyn.  I am taking him there for his birthday and Markie is joining us as I owe him a birthday dinner (for his last two birthdays!).  Click on the link above to get more information on what I consider to be one of my favorite restaurants in the city.

Oh and BIG news...the camera is fixed and so can take some pictures.  Yes, I will work on getting them up on the blog.  May not be this weekend as tomorrow is a completely do nothing day and long deserved!  I have been pushing the past two weeks and so going to just stay home and sleep, eat, nap, enjoy the balcony and maybe, just maybe, put up some of the artwork around the apartment.  Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment