Friday, June 4, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Hello there,

Yes it is Friday and Michael returns from his work session in Minneapolis tomorrow late morning, but he is going to not stay, but head home to see Hank and enjoy some down time.

I can appreciate that in that tomorrow is going to be that for me. Mick has agreed to move breakfast to Sunday and that is when the apt. will get cleaned and I get to have a very mellow weekend. In fact as I type this, I am waiting for my delivery from Amazon Fresh and that is the like big thing of the weekend. Did the major shop buying paper towels and toilet paper and restocking in general. Granted I will need to do the re-cycle and garbage plus laundry, but all in good time.

Wanted to share a follow-up to having the broken down car on I-90 at the start of the vacation. If you remember, I had a blowout and had to wait a while for Enterprise to show up with a replacement. Well, it was a luxury SUV (who knew there was such a thing) and Jack told me I would get an additional 10% off my bill (which already had 10% off due to a special email I got since I am a Plus member) and that I did not have to refill the tank due to the delays. Well, off I go and have a great trip. So, I go to return the car and tell the person that while I could have returned the car empty, there was actually like a 1/2 tank in the car. She went out and checked the mileage and came back in and said since I had done that she would waive the mileage overage charge as I am a Plus member and had been so nice about everything. She must have known or heard about the incident to kick off my vacation. Well, all said and done my week rental came in at $313.27. When I got home I decided to look into just how much did I save overall if I had rented that luxury SUV and got dinged for the miles. Well folks, we are talking $639.45 so we are talking a savings of $326.18. WOWZERS!

It has been rainy drippy weather all week and it is supposed to get nice tomorrow. We shall see. I am not complaining in that I like cooler weather and to think Dallas is going to be over 100 tomorrow - UGH. So happy not to live in Texas. But how I love the great northwest. I think Saturday is going to be about enjoying coffee, reading and watching a movie or two. May not even leave the building if possible. Love when that happens.

The one thing I was quite happy about this day was getting through the nearly 1,100 emails from when I was gone. That is just insane to be sure. A lot of them I was able to forward on for others, but now I need to get some things settled on the upcoming Mexico and Italy trips for the club. Boy, to be going to Italy right now, the Euro is at it's lowest to the dollar in years.

Reading a great book right now called "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" and is set in Seattle, specifically in Chinatown so I can totally relate. Quite interesting to be sure and so that will be a highlight for this weekend. Have a great weekend and until next time, Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to hearing what you thought of the book. Enjoy your down time. I'm set to do the narrative reports as I have completed marking the continuums for my class.

    ReplyDelete