Saturday, June 19, 2010

What is it About Fresh Flowers?

Last week I totally scored and got these lovely Gladiolus flowers at QFC for $10, I kid you not. Beautiful in the light purple and perfect way to begin the welcome of summer. I have fond memories of Dad bringing Mom bouquets of Gladioli. This week is their anniversary and while Dad may have been gone nearly 11 years, the memories are still strong.

Now these lovely Peonies are this weeks flower du our! The color is so intense. Not the usual white or pink, I opted for a more robust color. What has been just amazing is that they were all tight balls this morning and it has been magical to watch them pop today. I want them to last at least through tomorrow when Helene visits. I am excited that she is going to stop by for a meal and visit on her way back from San Francisco on her way to Vancouver, BC her new home. I sure miss her. Much like I miss my frequent visits with my sister from the days in Portland, but we still do chat all the time on the phone and she does love posting her comments on the blog which I enjoy. Speaking of which feel free to post a comment and let me know what you think of what I am posting here.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you glad you got a picture of the peonies? Here today, gone tomorrow. What will be the next "week's" flower?

    ReplyDelete