Sunday, June 6, 2010

If it is Sunday, it is Raining!

Yesterday was an amazing day. Started off a bit cool but by noon the AC was on and cooling the apt. I am so not a warm weather person. So puttered away on the computer and got the bills paid and wrote a lot of much delayed messages to people here and there. Could not believe how fast the morning passed.

Soon it was time to go see a friend and his house. It is so hard to walk into a house where they are so excited about it and you look around and go - UGH! But I kept that to myself and toured the house and it just screamed = MAKEOVER. We shall see. But to true suburban form, he had his 80" TV sucking up half the living room. ARGH!

Dinner was al fresco at Markie's and that was a delight. Bar-B-Que Pork Loins and potatoes plus fresh bread and salad. Wine with dinner and vodka tonics before. But the funny part had to be sitting on the back deck watching the news on the tiny portable TV. That was not the best of it as just across the way in the convection over were the potatoes and bread cooking away. Mick was over with his friend Michael and so the 4 of us enjoyed dinner.

Overall, a delightful Saturday to be sure. This day is going to be a day of calm. In fact, on that note, I am going to take my leave and go read some more. Have a great Sunday. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday was beautiful but today is certainly making up for any lack of rainfall. I had to go out and got totally soaked. Decided I'm not venturing out unless it lets up. I have to get to Joann Fabrics at some point to get long vines for school costumes so I'm hoping for a break. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete