Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rock & Roll Prisoner


The Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon 2010 is one of the most anticipated events being offered this summer that is open to all. It was full of enjoyment as there are bands in the streets of Seattle at each mileage post. The marathon and half marathon started at 8:45 and 7:45 this morning respectively with the two races having 27,000 registered.

That's a lot of people participating in today’s event. They start at Foster Golf Links and end at Qwest Field. So why am I a prisoner? Well, the race has a course that pretty much surrounds where I live. I have been watching all the people coming off the I-90 HOV lanes that are closed for the race. Also, all the friends and family of the runners that are at the starting line down in Tukwila rush to get up in this area and parked and over to the finish line. Thus, if you look out my window, you would think there is a ball game happening or something. It really is a cluster fu#k out there today. I opt to stay in after experiencing it last year. Went out to breakfast with Mick and what would be a normal 20 minute drive back to the apartment ended up being 3 hours long! Yes, it is seared in my mind.

And you know, that is OK, we just moved our breakfast meeting to tomorrow morning. I am puttering at the apartment and then this afternoon have dinner with Jodie & Rob. Grilling steaks = YUM!

So last night I also got to have a most enjoyable meal as Markie came over all hush hush and told me he had comfort food for dinner. Well, it was quite lovely as we enjoyed a simple dinner of homemade chicken soup with what was suppose to be homemade noodles that ended up more like spatzle, even the stock was from scratch and it was topped off with a bit of sour cream. I was able to contribute a bottle of Rancho Zabaco Sauvignon Blanc that I had just picked up on sale at QFC. I got it for 11.89 and in looking at their website, it goes for $18 a bottle. They are known for their Zinfandel wines and it is a winery that has few offerings, but if the bottle last night is any indication, they do what they do VERY well. I do think I will have to get a couple more bottles to have on hand for summer guests.

While here, Markie also put washers on the doors of the TV/computer cabinet so the knobs do not wiggle anymore - YES! Plus he was most helpful in "decrapifying" my computer. Seriously there is a website that you can use to get rid of all that junk that you did not know was on your computer. And yes, after shutting the computer down and then bringing it back up it does work better. Still some work to be done, but oh it is nice to have it run a tad faster. Guess I will hold off replacing it for a few more months. And so goes another Saturday at Uwajimaya Village Apartments.

1 comment: