Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vacation - The Rest of the Story

So now there have been 4 posts and this one makes 5 to cover my week away. Mom got a new furnace and we enjoyed an overnight at Crater Lake Lodge. The rest of the weekend was pretty unenventful and that was just fine with me. Mom loves to take care of her kids when they come to visit and you try so hard to do anything. I had to jump after meals just to have a chance to put dishes away. She's 87 and still kicking. We got to watch her favorite shows and enjoy stuffed cabbage and for my farewell meal she cooked steaks with corn on the cob. How awesome was that! Monday arrived all too soon and we hugged and I bid her a fond farewell as my adventure continued with my next stop being Portland.

Arrived just past noon and stopped to chat with Darlene for a while. She was my landlady for a while when I lived in Portland before moving to Seattle. We are still friends and got to chat for over an hour. I was then headed to Janet's apt. as we took in "Sex and the City 2" plus dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory. OK, so if you have not seen the movie yet and are considering going, save your money and watch it on DVD, I'm just saying!

We got to share some good stories and enjoy the evening knowing the holiday weekend was coming to an end. In the morning she was off to school and soon I was on the road back to Seattle. Got home and settled in and soon I was feeling like things were good. Michael arrived from the beach as he departed this morning for a conference in Minneapolis. He's back Saturday and Markie just got back this evening from the bay area. He stopped by to get a bag of goodies I have been assembling. So he's headed home and I am finally able to finish up this post. It has been a nice vacation, and yes, work did pop in a couple of times, but far fewer than I would have thought. So for now, I have some great memories and yet it is so nice to be home. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. What a great series about your vacation with your mom! I've been to Crater Lake when I was young, but never since and never to the lodge. This is making me think of a September / October vacation. So glad you both had such a lovely time and I really enjoyed the photos! I could attribute it to the new camera but I'll compliment the photographer instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete