Sunday, June 27, 2010

What a Great Weekend!

Picked up these lovely deep burgundy Oriental Lillies at QFC and the buds were all just ready to pop on Friday and they did not disappoint! I am getting hooked on the whole fresh flower thing each weekend. You might notice the print on the left, it was from the very first Subway campaign in the United States to promote safe sex. I was sitting on the train one night looking at it when I lived in the Big Apple and said, "that is history in the making." And yes, I took it. Oh the mayor at the time was Ed Koch.
Kicked off the weekend being quite social with Markie as I mentioned yesterday. At dinner at dinner last night with Rob & Jodie I happened to mention the wine we had enjoyed and they had tasted the Zinfandel from the same winery and were quite aware how good it was. Yesterday brought several great phone chats and heck even today I have had several calls from friends saying "Happy Pride" and such.

While I am, as said in the prior post, a bit jaded on all the parades and such, make no mistake. I will fight tooth and nail for anyone who wants to go out and share in the good times. Been there and done that. Yes, I do not go, but I so remember going to my first Pride parade, all scared to think I was going to be the only one there and poof, I come to realize I am not alone and that many others just like me have taken that step to come out from the dark corner and live life full and free as we should. Don't go stepping on toes to much and yes make people a tad uncomfortable now and then, but hey, that is called growth and acceptance and it can be a good thing in the end. I look forward to the day when it does not have to be said or defended, it just will be part of everyday life and at least for me, that has happened already.

And so while it is the last big Pride weekend I am also taking the time to really get the apartment summerized a bit. Summer is also all about the cruise ships being in port. They leave Thursday through Monday from here in Seattle to Alaska. Three a day. Here is a picture I took this morning on the way to the Rusty Pelican to have breakfast with Mick.You have to look close but in the upper right corner is the NCL Pearl and then off center left at the top are the other two cruise ships in port and I am guessing Holland America is one and Princess is another. Ah those lazy, hazy days of summer - no, sorry, I have Air Conditioning thank you very much! Cheers...until next time Happy Pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment