Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vacation - Mom and Memories

Well, the trip was not just about Crater Lake...it was about Mom! The trip was a bit of a surprise for Mom and she actually did not know where we were going until I got down there. She knew we were going some place overnight and early reports had her thinking the coast and so I gave her a clue by saying we were not going west. Well, she then decided we were off to Lake of the Woods. We used to have a cabin up there. So I told her we had never spent the night where we were going, but had enjoyed its' beauty over the years. Finally I told her once I arrived in Ashland and she seemed to be pleased. I had us booked in for the night and I took care of lunch and dinner on Thursday plus breakfast the next day. We did go down a bit early for dinner to enjoy the Great Hall. This first picture has Mom studying the menu and trying to decide what she was going to have for a pre-dinner beverage. She decided to have a glass of white Zinfandel wine. I opted for the Crater Lake Vodka Martini. How wonderful to be sure.

She enjoyed looking at the multi-page menu and then, once our beverages arrived the server was quite nice to take our picture. She took two and this was the better of the two. The furniture was all done to period and it was lovely.

And here is a nice picture of the fireplace. Oh I guess I could have been a good tourist and took thousands of images, but no, I wanted to enjoy the time and meet new people. With little distraction conversation came quite easy.
So now we have one more post about the Lodge and need to get you caught up on the news, but it is a lazy day and a nap beckons!

No comments:

Post a Comment