Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oh Yeah! The New Bed is on the Way!

About a week ago I began the process of getting a new bed. Yes, I am a big boy and I do punish the beds I sleep in. Over the years I have tried different kinds and the memory foam, while lovely, was oh too hot for me. I tend to sleep hot most nights and so had to let it go. Several dear friends said to consider the Sleep Number bed and while I considered it I did let it go. Finally, I was shopping around and getting lost in whether I was in a country or factory or deciding why buy for less and all the other marketing ploys when I went to my old stand-by of Overstock.com and poof, there it was: Serta Bristol Way Pillowtop Queen-size Mattress Set, a thing of beauty.

It shall be delivered in 1-6 weeks and what is really wonderful is that they bring it in and set it up and take away the old mattress and box spring. YES! Also purchased a new mattress pad and likely new pillows will be secured soon. Sheets are new as a lovely birthday gift from Curtis and are lavender. Yes, I have back-up sets and well, I might even consider a new comforter as well, we shall see. The bed frame stays as it is Cherry wood and a lovely gift from Helene! In fact she gave me the mattress and box spring and it has been used with great happiness for the past 6 years but it was time for a replacement and so there you go.

It looks like my short list of things for the apartment is now complete:
Mattress and Box Spring
Water Purifier for the sink
Digital
Camera
Vacuum

Guess it is now time to consider that new car. Right now my short list includes:

  • Chrysler 300 (while roomy, it feels so much like a pimp mobile)
  • Kia Soul (amazing room)
  • Hyundai Sonata (yes, it actually fits me!)

So the day has gotten off to a nice start in that I had breakfast with Mick (a bowl of Grits with bacon and cheese blended in and scrambled eggs on top = Yummers!) and then it was off to Trader Joe's where I got some great items to take me into next week plus a lovely bouquet of Peonies. How I love fresh flowers. Back home got dishes washed and took out garbage and recycling and then bought the new bed. I do think it is just about time to take a nap. What will be next?

1 comment: