Monday, June 7, 2010

Rhododendron

How I love this plant. It flowers so beautifully and I grew up with them in our yards for years. Well, now up here they are all around our office complex and today, for some reason, I noticed that they were EVERYWHERE! Stunning and late blooming this year due to the cooler weather we are having this spring. The colors are so vivid and they can range from the pink color above to reds and oranges to blues and purples plus white colors as well. If you ever have a chance to see a whole garden of them like they have in Portland, Oregon take the time to go see them, they are stunning. For reference, they usually are at their best around Mother's Day, but weather does tend to play a major role in when they bloom. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I passed one the other day that was about 15 ft high (the bush, not the flower :-) I've also always been a fan. The azaleas hedges in Dallas and the rhodies in Oregon can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete