Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Supper

Sitting here and relaxing I think back to all those wonderful Sunday Suppers that Mom put together for us. But it was not just the suppers it was all the meals that she took time to prepare. When I think of Mom I think of gas-house eggs (called many things but you take a piece of bread and cut out a circle and fry an egg in the center) and BBQ Round Steak that never saw a grill. Stuffed Cabbage and Tamale Pie (a true Betty Crocker creation from the 50's but oh so good). Funny how I think about these on this day which is Father's Day but it was more because I got to fix some scrambled eggs and bacon for myself this morning and enjoyed coffee while getting some paperwork done. It's raining outside and I am just off Skype (an online phone system which is free) with my old French teacher from high school. Dang she looks good.

It is a day for just down shifting and relaxing a bit. I will share I had a bit of a scare this morning in that Markie is up in Canada and Moonsong who cleans was not due to be here until tomorrow as he is camping this weekend when all of a sudden I hear a key at the door. Who would be trying to get in? I quickly grabbed my frying pan and yelled "who's there?" as the door began to open. It was Moonsong. They had not gone camping due to the weather and well, he was here to clean. I was not in any position to just clear the dining table of all the paperwork and I had the called scheduled with Bea and he was quite kind and agreed to hold to tomorrow's planned cleaning. A good thing too, he was able to see where a bird had left a "gift" of sorts on my big window and so he is going to bring something to use on it when he does return.

So I have had a darn nice weekend and yes next week will be challenging to say the least, but I think I can get through. Have slowly been getting some much delayed projects out of the way and that is a good thing. No longer do I have a Top 10, but rather the delayed half dozen or so. In true form I have gone step by step through the apt. and each and every cabinet to see what is going to be on it's way out the door.

Next weekend I think I will get a few more delayed projects done and done as I will be held captive in my apt. on Saturday with the Rock-n-Roll Marathon as it shuts down streets all around my building. That is one thing about the summer that is no fun and it is all the various street closures for runs, walks, bike rides and festivals. Oh my and next Sunday is Pride and that will be a hole nother ball of wax to deal with and that also means that Seafair is not far behind. It is a month-long festival that involves all the neighborhoods of the city in celebrating all that we have capping off with the Blue Angels flying overhead for like 4 or 5 days plus the Hydroplane races.

Well I know there are no pictures in this posting, but seriously, did I really need any after the graphic I posted to honor the dad day!?

1 comment: