Friday, June 25, 2010

Package 1ZA148E80395989498

So I order a bed and mattress pad from Overstock.com and they have been quite good in delivery. Last week I got notice that the mattress pad had shipped Monday. I get a call on Friday that the bed will be delivered on Wednesday, the 30th. No problem. Well, I begin to wonder where is that mattress pad?

Well, I woke up about an hour ago and can't sleep and decided to go check on UPS website and checked status. Gotta love sites like this that inform me Your package has experienced an exception.

I look further down to see:

SEATTLE, WA US 06/24/2010 9:53AM
DISRUPTION IN AIR OR GROUND SYSTEM OCCURRED

SEATTLE, WA US 06/24/2010 9:53AM
DISRUPTION IN AIR OR GROUND SYSTEM OCCURRED

SEATTLE, WA US 06/24/2010 9:53AM
NATURAL DISASTER

What disaster did I miss on Thursday? That the sun actually came out that day and melted the truck? Oh my goodness! So I shall now find out tomorrow what this natural disaster is and when a replacement might be sent. The funny thing is that I have not heard word boo from UPS or Overstock yet and to think, it was a "disaster" and yet no comment since. Strange!

2 comments:

  1. This could only happen to you dear brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So as a postscript...the disaster was some rock slide somewhere in Colorado or some such like that. Hopefully it will show up next week by the time the bed arrives on Wednesday. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete